According to The Australian Government – Australian Institute of Health and Welfare – back problems are more common than you may think.
In their web report, updated 22 Dec 2017 Australian Institute of Health and Welfare state that back problems “are a range of conditions related to the bones, joints, connective tissue muscles and nerves of the back. Back problems are a significant cause of disability and lost productivity.”
Who Gets Back Problems?
- 1 in 6 Australians (16%) report back problems in 2014-2015. That’s 3.7 million people! And, that’s only the “reported” cases! (National Health Survey)
- 4 in 5 people with disability and back problems have difficulty with mobility communication or self-care in 2012.
- Back problems are the 3rd biggest leading cause of disease burden in Australia in 2011
- Back problems are more common amongst those aged 65-79, affecting 28% of men and 26% of women.
- In the above statistics back, problems caused by other conditions such as osteoporosis or osteoarthritis are NOT included! Imagine what the actual figures could stack up to be.
Taking care of your lower back with a pre-emptive approach to treatment could save a lifetime of problems.
Just as spending time brushing your teeth today is an investment in your future, the same could be said about caring for your back. Consider seeing a Chiropractor and see how your spine is doing. Call Cannington Chiro today on 08 9350 5371 and start taking care of the body that takes care of you.